Privacy and cookies
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, our registered office is at Avonbank, Feeder Road, Bristol BS2 0TB.
This Policy is an important document because it explains the way that we use your Personal Information when you interact with us including but not limited to on our Website. We recommend that you read it carefully and print and keep a copy for your future reference. When you deal with Surf Telecoms we will assume you agree to the uses of your Personal Information described in this Policy unless you tell us otherwise in writing.
Personal Information that Surf may collect from you and uses made of it.
We may collect Personal Information about you whenever we are in contact with you and if we are working together. In particular, we may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website;
- If you contact us by phone, email or post, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Information that we are required to collect and process for regulatory reasons, for example, where required by Ofcom.
Please note that we will assume, unless you tell us otherwise, that we may use and disclose your Personal Information in such manner as we believe is reasonably necessary to provide our services to you (including as described in this Policy and as otherwise agreed between us).
More specifically we will collect, store and use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
If you contact us to make a new connection or change an existing connection:
- We will collect your name, address, phone number, details about your requirement, access arrangements and other site specific details for the purposes of carrying out the works.
If you contact us in an emergency or with a general enquiry:
- We will collect your name, email address, phone number, your preferred way of being contacted and the nature of your query so we can respond to your query in the most efficient way.
If you are a landowner:
- We will collect details of your property, your name, any easements or consents over your property, how long you have owned it and details of next of kin, for the purposes of obtaining access to or placing equipment on your property.
If you are a supplier (or prospective supplier) to Surf:
- We may collect, store and use your personal and/or professional contact details for the purpose of contacting and corresponding with you, as well as contact details for any organisation that you represent;
- We may also collect your Personal Information through materials you may provide to us in relation to the services you supply to us, as well as your bank account and/or other payment details for the purpose of paying your fees.
Other uses of Personal Information
On occasion we may collect additional Personal Information for a specific purpose. In such circumstances we will try to provide specific additional notice about that processing and purpose at the time those data are collected and any disclosures made and information given at the point of such collection will also form a part of this Policy.
Who we share your Personal Information with
We use consultants, suppliers and contractors to help us provide services and we give them Personal Information but only to the extent they need it to carry out their specific tasks. We have contracts in place with them containing obligations regarding the use, security and of Personal Information to ensure that it is protected as much as possible.
Providing information to Surf about third parties
You should not give us Personal Information about someone else (such as alternative named contacts or next of kin) without first getting their consent for it to be disclosed and used by us. If you provide such third party information we will assume they have consented, although we may still ask for confirmation.
Where Surf stores your personal data and security measures
We have in place what we believe to be appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your Personal Information against unauthorised or unlawful use, and against accidental loss, damage or destruction. We put in place strict confidentiality agreements (including data protection obligations) with our third party service providers. We will not pass any Personal Information collected to third parties for marketing purposes unless we tell you specifically.
Your Personal Information may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may be accessed by WPD group companies in the United States and may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services. By submitting your Personal Information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Personal Information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. If you provide Personal Information to us via our Website, we will do our best to protect it, but we cannot guarantee its security and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Other circumstances in which Surf may disclose your Personal Information
We are regulated by Ofcom and sometimes they request information that includes Personal Information. We take steps to ensure that any information provided to Ofcom is provided securely.
We may disclose your Personal Information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, your Personal Information may be one of the transferred assets;
Updating and accessing your information
You may edit the Personal Information we hold about you at any time.
You have the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the Personal Information we hold about you.
Changes to the Policy
Any changes we may make to our Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail or post.
If you have any questions, comments or requests relating to your Personal Data, then please contact us using the details provided below:
E-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us on:
Midlands 0870 010 4048
South West 01823 348710